Adam's 2012 Training Journal

Adam's 2012 Training Journal

Ok, so due to a number of factors, I completed tailed off my previous 2012 log and just never managed to resume it to a normal pace. As such, I've decided to just start fresh so things don't look too disjointed and also just so I can reflect on this one from a much more balanced perspective given what I've been doing the past few months.

My goals now: stay strong, stay in good condition, and be healthy. My general fitness is actually also pretty good at the moment along with my conditioning (something I found out on my recent holiday to Malaysia), which is pleasantly surprising as I haven't ever put much effort into this aspect besides walking a lot and generally trying to do adventurous things like hiking / etc when I get a chance.

With that being said, my training philosophy will be the following program / approach: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_art … _3_program

As you'll see, it's very simple and focused on doing the basic things right just three days per week, which I've concluded is perfect for me at this moment in time in my life. Hopefully I'll return to four days per week soon, but just keeping active on my off days will help me keep it moderated sensibly for the time being given other factors that are currently taking priority.

My nutritional approach: three meals per day, sometimes four on training days - along with the snacks I steal off the children at 10.45am every morning in school when they aren't looking at their plate. My foods are generally the same all the time at the moment bar a social situation arising or the weekend: a lot of beef, tilapia / fish in general, along with some basic other sources for protein such as eggs and milk. For carbohydrates, it's banana's, nearly always brown rice, and sometimes pasta & oats dependant on my activity for that given day. I then add in plenty of lemon, broccoli and blueberries / blackberries / strawberries / mixed veg to stay healthy.

That's basically it. I guess things will be a lot more boring and less exotic than what I've tried in the past. But as always, I train with huge intensity (at least I believe so), and am no less passionate about this than I ever was. I'm looking forward to really integrating myself back into the Nation's community section and workout journals of all you guys.

Let's go!

Adam
Squat Rack Curler
useravatar
10187 Posts
5781 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Re: Adam's 2012 Training Journal

Trained yesterday (btw, using 5 / 3 / 1 template for my main lifts - after having 12 days off, I'll be increasing the volume for the additional three sets on my main compound of the session next week).

*Squats

- 235lbs x 5, 270lbs x 5, 310lbs x 5

*Incline d/b presses

70lbers x 15, 15, 15

*Weighted chin-ups

+50lbs x 9, 9, 8

Adam
Squat Rack Curler
useravatar
10187 Posts
5781 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 
Administrator has disabled public posting. Please login or register in order to proceed.

Alright stranger!

Looks like your having an ace time going off your FB pictures :) It makes me look forward to moving to Oz even more!!

Still looking good mate :)

P.S. Can you be more considerate to all us UK folk and put your weight in KG's hahaha

Orangio
Matt
useravatar
636 Posts
1279 Loyalty Points
Advanced Member
Male  Birthday 

Orangio wrote:

Alright stranger!

Looks like your having an ace time going off your FB pictures :) It makes me look forward to moving to Oz even more!!

Still looking good mate :)

P.S. Can you be more considerate to all us UK folk and put your weight in KG's hahaha

Hey mate, looking great yourself providing you haven't used your extensive photography skills to touch that avatar up ;)

Congrats on the wedding mate.

Wow, what's inspired the move to Oz and when is it?! What are you and your missus going to be doing there?

Adam
Squat Rack Curler
useravatar
10187 Posts
5781 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 

Nice starting session Adam! I want you to stick to this plan ;)

Check out the new store: http://www.bodyactive-nation.co.uk/Store

BMAN
Steve
useravatar
7549 Posts
5585 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 

Adam wrote:

Hey mate, looking great yourself providing you haven't used your extensive photography skills to touch that avatar up

Congrats on the wedding mate.

Wow, what's inspired the move to Oz and when is it?! What are you and your missus going to be doing there?

Cheers mate!

Just had enough of the UK - Politics, Dole scrounging ****'s, the weather... I could go on...!

We were seriously considering Oz anyway and Sarah's dad told her messege her uncle who lives out in Perth for some advice. He ended up telling us he owns a recruitment company and that we can go and stay with him. So this is the icing on the cake - and we'd be pretty daft to turn up the opportunity. We just need to sell our house and we'll be over there a few months after doing so.

We've got several friends who have been to Perth one of which has lived there for 6 months and she said it was amazing - I cant wait to sell the house and rock and roll outta here!! ANYONE WANNA BUY A HOUSE? LOL

My Mrs has worked for a bank for nearly 8 years - She's currently a trainer, so she should be able to walk into a banking job quite easily. I'm not too sure what im going to try and do yet, as Im currently working in IT sales which I could stay in, but when Im living in Oz I dont think ill be wanting to work in an office all day!

Orangio
Matt
useravatar
636 Posts
1279 Loyalty Points
Advanced Member
Male  Birthday 

The overall pessimism mate, I can resonate with. It even started to eat away at me to an extent. I always felt weird, despite being young and inexperienced in the working world, receiving my pay from work only to see a big chunk of it given away as tax - I understand the infrastructure of the country and everything, but I still didn't 'get it'. The economical concept is out of my comfort zone / knowledge, but I just don't understand how somewhere like Hong Kong / certain parts of China can progress so consistently and be so efficient with such a low tax rate as opposed to the UK. Somewhere along the line, I just think "something's fucked up", and I guess it becomes a case of weighing up the positives vs the negatives. I'm sure the UK will eventually improve, it's a fantastic place apart from the shite weather when you really break it down. I'm sure there are a ton of worse places to live in the world. I suppose a lot of it has to do with how you perceive things.

Steve, thanks, I'll keep it up - promise ;)

Adam
Squat Rack Curler
useravatar
10187 Posts
5781 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 

Today's workout;

*Flat bench press

170lbs x 5, 200lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5

*Good mornings

145lbs x 8, 8, 8

*D/B rows

100lbers x 12, 12, 10 each arm

Comments: Will be upping the intensity a lot next week. Feels a little difficult atm due to my time off on holiday, but I'm ready for more!

Adam
Squat Rack Curler
useravatar
10187 Posts
5781 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 

Adam wrote:

The overall pessimism mate, I can resonate with. It even started to eat away at me to an extent. I always felt weird, despite being young and inexperienced in the working world, receiving my pay from work only to see a big chunk of it given away as tax - I understand the infrastructure of the country and everything, but I still didn't 'get it'. The economical concept is out of my comfort zone / knowledge, but I just don't understand how somewhere like Hong Kong / certain parts of China can progress so consistently and be so efficient with such a low tax rate as opposed to the UK. Somewhere along the line, I just think "something's fucked up", and I guess it becomes a case of weighing up the positives vs the negatives. I'm sure the UK will eventually improve, it's a fantastic place apart from the shite weather when you really break it down. I'm sure there are a ton of worse places to live in the world. I suppose a lot of it has to do with how you perceive things.

Yeah we've already done a pro's and con's list - and the only real negative is leaving friends and family behind BUT you've gotta live your own life at the end of the day. I really respect the way Australia is especially when it comes to immigration - not letting every tom dick and harry in. Maybe if the UK adopted the same attitude back in the day maybe England would be a better place to live... Anyway this is a thread about your training and not about how Im trying to escape the rat race! :)

Orangio
Matt
useravatar
636 Posts
1279 Loyalty Points
Advanced Member
Male  Birthday 

Orangio wrote:

Adam wrote:

Yeah we've already done a pro's and con's list - and the only real negative is leaving friends and family behind BUT you've gotta live your own life at the end of the day. I really respect the way Australia is especially when it comes to immigration - not letting every tom dick and harry in. Maybe if the UK adopted the same attitude back in the day maybe England would be a better place to live... Anyway this is a thread about your training and not about how Im trying to escape the rat race! :)

orangio........ I hundred per cent agree with you there matey, uk is wrecked !!! best not say any more don't want to get hit with the ban hammer.......

" Get In The Gym....... Do Your Workout Getout "  Simple !!!

THE ANIMAL
THE ONE !!
useravatar
1121 Posts
467 Loyalty Points
Legend
Male 

Adam wrote:

Ok, so due to a number of factors, I completed tailed off my previous 2012 log and just never managed to resume it to a normal pace. As such, I've decided to just start fresh so things don't look too disjointed and also just so I can reflect on this one from a much more balanced perspective given what I've been doing the past few months.

My goals now: stay strong, stay in good condition, and be healthy. My general fitness is actually also pretty good at the moment along with my conditioning (something I found out on my recent holiday to Malaysia), which is pleasantly surprising as I haven't ever put much effort into this aspect besides walking a lot and generally trying to do adventurous things like hiking / etc when I get a chance.

With that being said, my training philosophy will be the following program / approach: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_art … _3_program

As you'll see, it's very simple and focused on doing the basic things right just three days per week, which I've concluded is perfect for me at this moment in time in my life. Hopefully I'll return to four days per week soon, but just keeping active on my off days will help me keep it moderated sensibly for the time being given other factors that are currently taking priority.

My nutritional approach: three meals per day, sometimes four on training days - along with the snacks I steal off the children at 10.45am every morning in school when they aren't looking at their plate. My foods are generally the same all the time at the moment bar a social situation arising or the weekend: a lot of beef, tilapia / fish in general, along with some basic other sources for protein such as eggs and milk. For carbohydrates, it's banana's, nearly always brown rice, and sometimes pasta & oats dependant on my activity for that given day. I then add in plenty of lemon, broccoli and blueberries / blackberries / strawberries / mixed veg to stay healthy.

That's basically it. I guess things will be a lot more boring and less exotic than what I've tried in the past. But as always, I train with huge intensity (at least I believe so), and am no less passionate about this than I ever was. I'm looking forward to really integrating myself back into the Nation's community section and workout journals of all you guys.

Let's go!

got me eye on you lad i will be watching your progress !!!............hope you do well Adam you seem a really nice honest,helpful guy, good luck mate THE ANIMAL

" Get In The Gym....... Do Your Workout Getout "  Simple !!!

THE ANIMAL
THE ONE !!
useravatar
1121 Posts
467 Loyalty Points
Legend
Male 

I believe I missed my last workout. Here it is quickly from last Friday;

-T-bar rows

2 plates + 15lbs x 5, + 35lbs x 5, 3 plates + 5lbs x 7

*Standing neutral grip press (I actually got this movement out of that funny thread on here Steve posted... I actually like it!)

60lbers x 8, 8, 8

+ 3 sets of unilateral leg work

Adam
Squat Rack Curler
useravatar
10187 Posts
5781 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 

Animal, thanks a lot, that's a really nice comment, I appreciate that a lot mate. Looking huge in your new profile pic as well.

Today, upped the volume on squats and felt a lot better after struggling after the holiday last week.

*Squats

255lbs x 3, 290lbs x 3, 325lbs x 5, 225lbs x 5, 5

*Incline d/b presses

75lbers x 12, 12, 12

*Weighted chins

+60lbs x 7, 7, 7

Comments: Really good workout. Feels good just investing effort into the basics on this one on, one off split. It's helping me regain a social balance in my life again as well as juggling two jobs whilst staying focused in the gym.

Adam
Squat Rack Curler
useravatar
10187 Posts
5781 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 

Nice sessions Adam!

Check out the new store: http://www.bodyactive-nation.co.uk/Store

BMAN
Steve
useravatar
7549 Posts
5585 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 

Good stuff Adam, is this that 3 way split off t nation you're doing now? Looked really good when I read through it.

Alpha Male
useravatar
2800 Posts
1415 Loyalty Points
Legend
Male 

Some good clean workouts there - nice and simple - I like it :)

I don't know if you heard me counting?  I did over a thousand...

ahaydock
useravatar
2342 Posts
405 Loyalty Points
Legend

Alpha Male wrote:

Good stuff Adam, is this that 3 way split off t nation you're doing now? Looked really good when I read through it.

It is mate, and I'm really enjoying the simplicity of it I have to say.

Last night's session;

*Bench press

185lbs x 3, 210lbs x 3, 235lbs x 4, 185lbs x 5, 4

*Good mornings

170lbs x 7, 7, 7

*D/B rows

100lbs x 14, 13, 12 each arm

Adam
Squat Rack Curler
useravatar
10187 Posts
5781 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 

glad your doing well adam,wot ya been up to,how was your trip??and wots the programme????

pain is how we know were alive

viking
viking
useravatar
878 Posts
1788 Loyalty Points
Advanced Member
Male 

Viking will provide a big update on the trip shortly in my HK journal. The program is this mate: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_art … _3_program

Adam
Squat Rack Curler
useravatar
10187 Posts
5781 Loyalty Points
Webmaster
Male  Birthday 

Hi Mate - Like the new training programme - whats your goals for it? Strength, lean mass, maintenance?
Great numbers!

When you compete with yourself, there can only ever be one winner

Cheekygit
useravatar
740 Posts
54 Loyalty Points
Advanced Member
Male  Birthday 
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic