[PhD Nutrition] Recovery 2:1
[PhD Nutrition] Recovery 2:1 Description
Post Exercise recovery formula
Recovery 2:1 is the high protein sports nutrition product designed to assist with lean muscle building and recovery from intense exercise. Recovery 2:1 contains 24 grams of quality, muscle building protein per 80 gram serving, in the form of Whey Protein Isolate and Peptide Bonded L-Glutamine (Derived from Hydrolysed Wheat Protein), along with 48 grams of a dual action carbohydrate blend. Recovery 2:1 also contains 4 grams of Creatine Monohydrate per serving and 2 grams of L-Glutamine, along with Vitamin C and Branched Chain Amino Acids.
24 grams of quality protein from:
- Whey Protein Isolate: Due to advanced filtration systems, Whey Protein Isolate contains a very low level of fat, carbohydrates and lactose making this an extremely pure source of muscle building protein. Whey Protein isolate is also the sole source of protein used in PhD Nutrition’s ultra lean muscle builder, Pharma Pure.
- Peptide Bonded L-Glutamine: Derived from Hydrolysed Wheat Protein isolate, this bio available form of Glutamine is an extremely popular amino acid source for athletes.
Creatine Monohydrate and L-Glutamine stack:
- Creatine Monohydrate can be used at various stages throughout the day and theories can differ as to when the best periods are to use Creatine. PhD believe that before and after exercise are the most productive periods to use this research proven ingredient that has been proven to increase performance in high intensity, short burst (short duration) exercise, such as weight lifting and/or body building/strength training. With this in mind, PhD feel creatine can be used in either before training or immediately after (as in Recovery 2:1) to replenish stores whilst our body is depleted and primed, in readiness for the next training session.
- L-Glutamine can also be used at a variety of stages throughout the day. PhD believe that this popular amino acid can work successfully with creatine monohydrate in this recovery blend.
Recovery 2:1 also contains:
- Vitamin C: Recovery 2:1 contains 200mg of Vitamin C, shown to help contribute to normal energy yielding metabolism and can also help to contribute towards the normal function of the immune system during and after intense exercise. Keeping a strong and functioning immune system whilst in an intensive period of serious training is key to ensuring continual progress.
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (Leucine, Iso-Leucine and Valine): Recovery 2:1 contains 360mg of added BCAA’s (these have been added to already naturally occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids found in Whey Protein Isolate and other protein sources delivered by Recovery 2:1). BCAA’s (in particular Leucine) have been extremely popular with athletes now for many years.
48 Grams of Carbohydrates per serving: Recovery 2:1 also contains a dual action carbohydrate blend in the form of barley starch and dextrose. Barley starch is derived from the raw grain, barley and is generally regarded as a source of complex carbohydrates. Dextrose is simple sugar and is used often in sports nutrition formulas to illicit a fast blood sugar response.
PhD Recovery 2:1 is ideal for
+ Athletes looking to recover quickly from intense training sessions
+ Athletes who require a high protein, lean muscle building post workout shake
+ Endurance athletes who require a “higher than usual” level of carbohydrates to replenish systems after training
+ Any serious athlete that understands the importance of a protein and carbohydrate drink post exercise.
+ Easy to use post exercise recovery formula, 24 grams of protein and 48 grams of carbohydrates.
+ Contains Whey Protein Isolate and Glutamine peptides.
+ Applicable for both strength and performance athletes
+ Helps assist the immune system during bouts of intense exercise
+ Refreshing fruit taste and mixes great